Friday, August 7, 2009

I got soul

My dealer was nice enough to provide me with another loaner while they dismantle my car again. This is my forth loaner and has its own quirks. When I was shopping for a car, I was looking at a Cadillac, Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, Benz and Audi. The Mercedes salesman told me the Japanese cars have no soul, once you have driven one you’ve driven them all! I actually believed him because after driving the S4, I said this is the car for me! However I think Audi has taken it to a new level, of the 3 2.0’s I have driven, the first one ran terrible, Dynamic suspension and the AC did not work, the second one the doors did not open when you pulled on the handle and you could only turn ASR off and nothing else, this new 2.0 the side impact feature to let you know when a car is in your blind spot does not work. It doesn’t go off or sometimes just randomly starts flashing when nothing is beside me and I change lanes. These cars definitely have soul, if variety and dysfunction counts; I wonder if that’s what Audi was aiming for? To be fair the 3.2 had no problems, the Dynamic suspension, door entry, side impact and power was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment