Thursday, November 26, 2009

Drinking the Kool-aid


Audi-Loaner
Originally uploaded by homeychan
NEW UPDATE! Dealer has found cause of check engine light; I have been told the connectors are reversed on the post catalytic converter sensors “right connectors, wrong bank”. Now the car is throwing another code and requires another sensor that has to be ordered. I estimate the car should be done and tested in 2 more weeks. It Is positive that they are finding problems, and working through them, this is better than the previous mechanic that just said everything was fine.

When I talk to other Audi owners on the forums, some take exception to my negative experiences and comments about Audi. These are the same people that complain about the car not starting, headlight condensation, oil consumption, and failed air conditioning units. I am frequently greeted with “my car doesn’t do that”, so I guess it is not a real problem, recently on a thread about failed starters, one guy commented on how Audi was awesome to deal with and credited him 50% for his bad starter. This is amazing to me since so many of these cars have bad starters, it is a factory defect, and people are thankful they only had to pay half! Audi should fix these problems, but more often than not all you get is “we are not aware of that problem”. Anyways it seems Audi can do no wrong even if they make a car that has a high failure rate, people seem to be happy to pay extra for the German experience and poor service, reminds me of the Seinfeld Episode with the “soup nazi”, except in this case it’s “no warranty for you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment