Sunday, August 29, 2010

Smoke Show Resolution?


Audi August 2010
Originally uploaded by homeychan
Another bill for the car and this was only half the repair, it may need to go back in to have the valve cover gaskets replaced if leak persists. I knew the leak was crankcase pressure related! When I was driving back from Banff the pressure in the crankcase could not vent and built up until it forced its way out the easiest spot, the rubber valve cover gaskets.

I was speaking today with a 2010 2.0 B8 A4 owner today and he was telling me that his car has 16,000km’s and has used 2 litres of oil, when he called Audi they said it was normal and not to worry! My civic, Cadillac, Mitsubishi, or Ford cars I’ve owned in the past have never required the addition of oil between oil changes. The only time I see oil consumption is when the engine has a problem.

Also another person was telling me the new A5 in Europe has very poor reliability and is known to be one of the worst. Some quick research and in North America it seems to be average to poor:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Audi_A5/Reliability/
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/Audi/A5/2008/Coupe/ratings

People seem to love these cars and live under the misconception they are good cars, they are great cars to drive but have poor reliability and support from Audi. Might not be so bad if Audi seemed to care about customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment